Friday, August 29, 2008

Summertime Is Here!

About a month ago, when I was in Cheyenne, WY, I had the absolute delight of seeing the band, War. They were one of my favorite bands in the '70s and one of their biggest hits was, "Summertime Is Here." When they played it in Cheyenne I was on my feet singing at the top of my lungs.

If you remember the song, it speaks to riding around town with all the windows down and other activities that summer brings. Well, the truth is that summer is on it's way out. Labor Day, Monday, officially marks the end of summer.

So my suggestion is this. For one more weekend, do summer stuff. Even if you are going to a football game do some summer stuff. Ride with the windows down, slather some lotion on and lay out, char some meat, have a cool whatever and think about the good things that happened during the last few months.

Cold weather will be here soon enough. For one more weekend think, "Summertime is here."

Have a safe Labor Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment