Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Are These Really Fleas?!

During a break in my seminar yesterday I snuck away and made a new friend. Long blond hair, soulful eyes, no-questions-asked affection.

Unfortunately, it is doubtful that I will ever see her again.

Probably a good thing, too....she gave me fleas.

I was at the beautiful conference center at Bryan Park in Greensboro presenting a day-long program for the NC Association of CPAs. At a break I walked outside and met a beautiful dog. No tag so I don't have a clue what her name was. She was wonderfully affectionate and I had a great time petting her.

On the way home I started itching. Fortunately, by this morning the itching was gone.

The encounter made me realize that our meetings with a lot of people are similar. We get a lot out of the situation but there may be one or two things that don't click with us...that make us itch. If we concentrate on the good things and understand that there will often be a few things that we wish were different, but aren't, we can maximize our relationship with them.

I have a few aquaintances, friends and associates who have fleas. I'm going to try and start looking beyond the fleas and focusing on the good stuff.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment