Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a Big Friday!

I know this is supposed to be about work but this weekend is too big to keep quiet any longer. If you don’t like sports then sign off right now and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Here’s the deal: My Tar Heels are playing the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Saturday in Chapel Hill. The last time we saw the Emerald and Gold in Chapel Hill was 33 years ago. I was at the game and watched us lead until late in the game when the Irish sent in an unheralded freshman who led them to victory. His name was, and is, Joe Montana.

Notre Dame is not having a great year but anytime the winningest college football program comes to town it’s a big deal. According to some reputable sources this is the most sought-after Carolina football ticket in the last 30 years.

Here’s what all this has to do with The Perfect Workday. All work and no play…well, you know the rest. You have to have some interests outside of work that get your heart pumping.

My biggest outside interest is Carolina Football. The basketball program will always win at least 20 games and go to the NCAAs. We have a great chance to win a national championship this year…but to tell the honest truth I’d be more excited if we win 9 football games and go to a bowl.

If you want to catch me this Saturday afternoon watch NBC at 3:30. I’ll be the one wearing blue and cheering.

So, here’s my prediction…hold onto your hat…Carolina 41 Notre Dame 10. If you’re gonna wish, you might as well wish big.

Go Heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment