Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Fine in '09!

Let's say you've done what I asked the past two days. You've rolled the simple questions about life improvement around in your brain and you are getting some ideas about what you'd like to accomplish in '09.

The next step is to be S.M.A.R.T. Creating SMART Resolutions gives you a better chance of succeeding. They are Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-focused.

I promised yesterday that I'd reveal my three Resolutions and how I would accomplish them, so here goes:

1. Lose 30 pounds in '09. I'll focus on taking 3 10-minute walks each day, drink a glass of water upon rising and a glass of water 30-minutes before going to bed, in addition to what I drink during the day, cut portions in half when I dine out. That's my plan.

2. Figure out what is really important to me in relationships. As a stereotypical male in some ways, I don't think in specifics much in terms of relationships, and I'm not 18 or 28 or 38 anymore. It's time for me to understand what is important in relationships and friendshps and focus on the people who bring those things into my life. Specifically, I am going to read more about relationships and be able to articulate the 3 things that are truly important to me.

3. Start laying the foundation for my retirement. I'll create 3 new information products that can be sold online and will funnel any profits into a retirement account.

So, those are my three resolutions. What are yours? If you could see my plans for each of them you'd see that they are SMART.

Thanks for reading the blog on '08, it's been an interesting year on a wide variety of fronts. We've all had some losses and some victories. Learn from the losses AND the victories. Forget the former and celebrate that latter.

One final thought about '08: Confucious said, "They must often change who would find happiness and wisdom." You may not have ended '08 in the way you hoped or planned, I know that there are some things I had hoped to have done by now and am falling short, but tomorrow is a new day and you get to keep trying. It's good to believe that the world won't end, that you won't turn into a pumpkin, one minute after midnight on January 1.

Be careful if you go out tonight. See you on Monday. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment