This has been a particularly challenging week. Some changes I hadn’t counted on.
Ironically, I’m presenting a program about change this morning. In times like these the concept of change seems to stare us in the face every morning when we look in the mirror.
If things in your life, or the lives of others close to you are changing, what do you really want to know? What do they want to know?
Well, here you go. To be honest, I don’t know where I got this but it’s on the mark.
You, and they, need to know:
1. What’s the change?
2. What’s going right? Help keep a balanced perspective and protect peoples’ self-worth.
3. What is not working and where are the dangers?
4. What are the benefits of change and the consequences of not changing?
5. Where do we want to go—and what’s it like when we get there?
6. What difficulties might we encounter?
7. What’s the implementation plan?
If your life is changing, and whose isn’t, good luck.
Have a great weekend.