Thursday, March 12, 2009

OK! So Decide!!

Got back today to a ton of emails. I'm sure you've experienced the same thing.

I get questions all the time; "How do I deal with all the emails I get?"

There is only one thing you can do...decide. Like many situations in life, you have to make a decision sooner or later what to do with an email. You can read and respond now, read now and click off with the goal of responding later, you can skim by with the good intentions of later action, you can delete it. But, you have to decide sooner or later.

By not deciding a couple of things happen; you miss a wonderful opportunity, you miss information that is important and could help you and you later regret missing it, you miss something you're later glad you missed (or didn't know you missed, which is pretty much the same)...did I miss anything?

By missing an important email the situation will sooner or later decide itself...good or bad.

It all comes down to deciding. Decisions can be difficult. There are only four things you can do about a decision: Delay, Delegate, Don't Do It, or Do It!

Every time I open my emails after being gone for awhile they remind me of the importance of making a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment