Monday, April 13, 2009

Krispy Kreme and Crack

Can anyone tell me if there is a connection between crack cocaine and Krispy Kreme mini-crullers? There must be, considering how I tore into a bag of them on Sunday.

Yesterday was my birthday. I had WILD day! I ate ¾ of a bag of Krispy Kreme mini-crullers and drank a quart of ice-cold milk and then went upstairs and took a nap. No end to the excitement around here!

I’ve had lots of birthdays on which I’ve done crazier, more active, and more expensive things, but this year I did exactly what I wanted to do.

One of the rewards of stringing together a number of Perfect Workdays is to create a day…a Perfect Day… in which you get to do exactly what you want to do. It doesn’t have to be your birthday, it can be any Saturday or Sunday, or, for that matter, any day of the week that you have the freedom to take off. It is, in fact, a mental health day.

If you don’t occasionally have a day that you get to do what YOU want, then what’s all this work and effort for?

Don’t just create the Perfect Day once a year, on your birthday; look for a day once a quarter, or once a month.

I know you have responsibilities. What you have to realize is that your first responsibility is to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment