Friday, April 24, 2009

National Hairball Awareness Day

Please indulge me with another “Day” blog, I promise there’ll be a message.

Today I’m torn about what to celebrate. Today is the first day of the Interstate Mullet Toss in Pensacola, FL. The contest is to see who can throw a dead, one-pound mullet the farthest.

Today is also National Hairball Awareness Day. We are supposed to recognize and help eliminate hairballs in cats.

Finally, today is the first day of National Scoop the Poop Week. We are supposed to catch up on all those “canine calling cards.”

When I read these they immediately brought to mind the fact that even in Perfect Workdays we probably have to do some things we don’t want to do. I know, I know, if it’s a Perfect Workday why would we have to do ANYTHING imperfect during the day?

You know what, I don’t really have a good answer for that.

But, we all know that there are mullets, hairballs, and poop in life that we have to handle…soooooo, I’ve got the answer for you.

Rewards.

If you have to handle some of life’s examples of the unmentionables above give yourself a reward for doing it. In fact, assign an award to an undesirable task and then, when you complete it, you get the prize.

The expectation of a big enough reward can pull you through just about anything.

I expect to have a great weekend. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment