Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Pill, and a Poke

Sorry about being late with today's blog...have been under the weather.

Went to the doctor's this morning and tests supported my belief that I have some sort of virus. My mother wondered if it was the "C1H1N something." No, Mama, it's not swine flu.

 Now, I'm thinking, "Fine, just give me some sort of pill and let's knock this thing out so I can get on with life." 

But, nooooooooooooooo, evidently it's not that kind of virus. "You'll get over it," my good friend and physician Gary Bean, MD, said. 

I asked, "Ok, so I'll get over it. But can't you speed that process up?"

"Nope. But, just to be on the safe side, let's check to see if it's any sort of spinnoff from a minor bout with prostratitis."

And you can see where the...OW!...examination went from that point.

The lessons I had reinforced today were these: Things are often not as bad as you imagine they might be. Not every problem can be solved simply. Some take more time than you would like. And, learning a simple lesson can be uncomfortable in ways you had not anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment