Friday, June 12, 2009

Book'em Danno!

Today is celebration day!

Yesterday, the folks from Federal Express deposited four boxes on my doorstep. They contain 200 copies of my new book, The Perfect Workday Book.

The amazing thing about a project of this type (2-3 years of writing, cussing, pulling information together, more cussing, finding a publisher/printer, proofing numerous times, spending a reasonable chunk of money, REAL LOUD CUSSING, and finding more mistakes than you thought you could ever make….ok, and some more….well…you know) is that it starts as a little electrical blip between two neurons in your brain and ends up as a real book that you are holding in your hands.

It is beautiful.

Thanks to the folks who kept pushing me to finish it. You know who you are and I appreciate it more than you know.

Thanks to the good folks at RJ Communications in New York. Jacki Lynch, you are a queen! Phil Whitmarsh, my book coach, Roll Big Red! Graphic artist Jonathan Gullery, you have the patience of Job.

Jonathan Hildebrand, the cover design is absolute art!

Wherever you are, and whoever you are, please feel free to imagine me sitting outside in the sun on Friday afternoon with a cold beverage in one hand, a cigar in the other, and the book on a table in front of me.

And no cussing.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment