Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Too Late

Missing two days of blogs…I’m having withdrawal pains.

It's Saturday morning and I love listening to Kasey Kasem’s Top 40 on radio. Kasey’s so old now that they run the shows from the past. The show today is from June, 1971.

The number one song on June 19, 1971 was “It’s Too Late By Carol King.” The number two song was “Rainy Days and Mondays” by The Carpenters.

I get busted by friends and family for loving that type of music. I’ll confess to loving Barry Manilow, Anita Baker, Hall and Oates, Bread and lots of other artists who perform what might be called “Easy Rock.”

When I listen to that music I slow down. It’s a stress reducer. My last blog noted that stress can be a good thing, it helps us grow. But, too much stress…or a lot of stress over a long period of time, exhausts us.

You need some sort of respite and from its earliest days music has been recognized as a mood changer (up or down).

Is there music that moves you? Is there music that calms you down? It seems to me to be the height of ignorance to know that a tool is available that will improve your life and not use it.

The Temptations are playing “Just My Imagination” right now. Gotta Go.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment