Friday, August 14, 2009

Laughing at Life

I love healthcare people.

Spent two days this week doing full-day programs for the executive masters program at UNC's School of Public Health. I had docs, nurses, hospital administrators, psychologists, consultants, and a variety of other health-related professionals in the classes.

I love presented for these folks because they have seen everything (with the nurses, they have literally seen everything) so I can get a little more open, a little wilder, and a little more direct with them. I can't do that with bankers and CPAs.

These folks were pretty cranked up about the changes going on in healthcare. Their advice....don't get sick any time soon. And it isn't that they can't take care of you or me; it's that, all things considered, we are all better off healthy. That sounds trite, but it's true.

Here's my and your assignment for the weekend: Walk a little more, drink a little more water (and don't worry about it being bottled water..tap water across the country is safer than a lot of the bottled water we drink), take a multi-vitamin, and find something to laugh about.

A wise person told me on Thursday that my most recent blogs were really serious and that I needed to go back to some of the more lighter heart stuff...I haven't been feeling very light-of-heart lately, sooo, that's my assignment to myself this weekend. I'm going to look for some reasons to laugh...and I'm going to keep looking until I find them.

Zap me at mike@perfectworkday.com and tell me your reason to laugh. It can be a joke, a funny story, something silly that happened recently...anything.

I can use'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment