Thursday, September 24, 2009

On My Knees On the Gravel at B's

(Okay, I know that this is the second blog today, but I'm on the road in Kitty Hawk and won't have time tomorrow to write.)

I love it when a business is so good you can't wait to tell people about it.

Here's the deal...if you want the best BBQ chicken on Planet Earth go to B's in Greenville, NC. They even have a road named after them and rumor has it that the food is so good and they have so much pull in Pitt County that they are getting the county/state to widen the road in front of the restaurant. I saw it being done today.

Now, B's is an absolute hole-in-the-wall restaurant. It looks like it was an old country store at one time; small and maybe 15 tables and booths. I don't know who cooks (maybe B), but the women who make it run go wide-open until the food runs out and then they close. They are all wonderful and Southern (kinda goes together, doesn't it) and sweatin' (no glistening at B's) and are totally committed to you walking out like you just had your last meal and it was exactly what you wanted.

B's only serves BBQ pork and chicken with some coleslaw (the best) and taters on the side. Throw in cornsticks and a drink and you don't need anything else. Yes, they do have some kind of desert but I don't have a clue what it is because I've never gotten that far.

B's only does one thing. But, it does that one thing so well that you don't think about the fact that they do only one thing. They concentrate on that one thing being the absolute best it can be. And it is.

Every time I leave B's I'm tempted to get on my knees in the gravel parking lot and thank God for the experience I just had. It reminds me that it can be flat-out fun being human.

What have you run into recently that gave you that experience? If you haven't had something like that....you have my permission to look for it this weekend.

See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment