Friday, November 13, 2009

A Correction...Help Me

I rarely post twice in a day, but the events of the last few hours beg for a correction. I’ve spent the last four hours coming to the understanding that there is a difference between taking the easy way out, and following the path of least resistance. (Read the last blog and get the background.)

And the difference isn’t just a matter of semantics.

The easy way is…well…the easy way. Take another drink. Eat another donut. Be late to work, come back from lunch late, leave work early. The easy way if often simple laziness.

The path of least resistance means following your true nature. And figuring that out sometimes takes some thought and requires making choices. It means following the path of who you know yourself to be.

Now, let’s be honest; if you don’t really know who you are, if you’ve always been someone else (that happens when you do things because other people think you ought to do them instead of because you are doing what you know resonates with the real you) then you’ve got to spend some time getting in touch with who you really are, what you want, and what your vision of your life is.

Whataya think? Am I off base or not? Email me or go to my Facebook page and tell me what you think. This idea has captured me and I’m going to ride it until I get an answer or the horse drops under me.

Is there are difference between the easy way, and the path of least resistance? Tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment