Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Daily Dozen

For decades members of our military services have cherished the concept of The Daily Dozen.

It’s a physical training concept: Twelve exercises that form the core of a daily fitness routine. Pushups, sit-ups, Jumping Jacks, and other exercises are familiar to millions of veterans and active duty soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines.

What are your Daily Dozen, or Daily Seven or Daily Five….and I don’t necessarily mean exercises?

What are the activities you need to engage in every day that, cumulatively, will assure that you succeed in having the life you want?

Here’s my Daily Dozen: Do something spiritual (read, meditate, pray): Sell Something/do something that makes money: Work on my business: Workout (move in some physically challenging way): See, talk to, or think about someone I love (if possible, tell someone I love them): Read something that can have an impact on my life (ex. success literature), Write something (this blog is a great check-off item): Learn something: A little fun: Good food: Laugh: Cry.

The last item may surprise you. The late coach Jim Valvano said everyone should think, laugh and cry every day.

What few things can you do every day that make sure you get where you want to go in life?

I find my Daily Dozen to be a wonderful measuring stick for my day. Every evening I look at the list posted on the board in front of my desk and ask, “How many can I check off for today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment