Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Fiber?

Had a great time presenting at the Exceptional Children Conference in Greensboro. I met a ton of wonderful folks who help children with all kinds of challenges lead close-to-normal lives.

Met one person, though, whose whole take on life left me with the thought, “You know, if she’d add a little more fiber to her diet it would clear that attitude right up!”

I don’t know if the problem is the tough times…I’ve met folks when times were good who had the same sour apple view of life.

It’s just that folks like that can leave a residue when they move away and we end up feeling down, too. Dr. John Hunter (1723-1798), the Scotsman known as The Father of Modern Surgery, once said, “My life is in the hands of any scoundrel who chooses to annoy me.”

I don’t know about you, but I don’t believe that. I think we allow ourselves to be annoyed.

As one woman at the conference told me later, “When I meet people like that I vote with my feet. I leave.”

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment