Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Christmas Card Caper

I have a confession to make and it's kinda embarrassing so you have to promise that you won't shout out loud, "No, you didn't!"

Promise?

Ok, here it is: I didn't send out any Christmas cards last month.

I know, I know, a pox on me! I had great intentions; even bought some funny, funky cards and was going to....well, there were other things going on in life.

So, here's what I'm going to do. Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to send the cards with a kind of life catch-up enclosed that will let folks know how I'm doing and what's going on in life. I'll send them to my regular Christmas card list and enclose this disclaimer, "You know, during this time of year we are all coming to the realization that Christmas is over and it's a long way until Easter and I wanted you to get something that would put a smile on your face."

(My alternative message is: "My New Year's Resolution is to start planning ahead so here's your Christmas card for this year." to tell the truth, just for the Hell of it, this one is looking really attractive)

See, that get's me off the hook as far as not sending cards, I've put smiles on some faces, I've gotten rid of the cards and I won't feel like a total Sluggo for not sending cards.

However, the thing I REALLY like is that during Christmas we all get a lot of cards and they kind of start blending together. None really stand out. If you send a Christmas card now people notice who it's from...you.

I know I'll get calls from folks who get the card, especially if I use the Resolution reason because it's funny. And, they'll be people from whom I don't hear during the year.

Step up and get rid of those old cards, spread some smiles and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment