Thursday, January 21, 2010

How About a Vacation?

Arrived in LA about 11 am and have had a great day. Visiting the Peterson Automotive Museum, The Bodhi Tree Bookstore, and a famous cigar shop.

Along the way my friend, David, said, "We'll do anything you want to do, it's your vacation day."

That comment surprised me because I couldn't think of the last time I had a vacation. I've taken some days around the holidays but I was always checking emails, doing a few things related to work, and thinking about work.

Years ago I found that if I totally took off; I mean, no work, just play and relax, it took me awhile to get back in the swing of work. So, on the times I've taken "vacation" I was just kinda working at a lower volume and slower speed.

But, the comment today shook me. I need to take a vacation. Plan it, look forward to it and take it....because I need it.

When was the last time you really took a vacation? Lots of folks say you have to take at least two weeks to really unwind. In today's economy I don't know how many folks other than bank executives can afford to do that, though.

Can you take a weekend? Or, better yet, a long weekend, and just slow down a bit and relax?

We all need vacations. It's time to take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment