Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Morning Madness

How ironic...my blog last Friday talked about dying on the can and this week started out in the presence of that wonderful piece of porcelain furniture.

When I flushed this morning the commode stopped up, as I was reaching for the designer plunger I keep nearby I slipped, grabbed the shower curtain, pulled a couple of the little plastic holes loose and one of the metal shower curtain hooks popped off the rod and into the......right.

So, since a metal shower curtain hook won't flush I'm headed to the closet to get a coathanger to fish the hook out. On the way through the bedroom I slam my toe into a bookcase. (Is this a Pink Panther, Inspector Clouseau scene or what?)

I finally get the hanger, get the hook, put the hook in the tub and run enough hot water on it to boil it sterilized, and the commode now flushes.

Here's the problem: I'm kinda superstitious and today has not started out auspiciously. Which I'm thinking doesn't bode well for the rest of the day and week.

But, here's the REAL problem. I'm flying to Miami and back over the next two days. And I'm already a little concerned because the cover story of Time magazine for this week is about why we should fear flying...terrorists, delays, bad peanuts and all.

So, there are two ways to look at this: A. I'm screwed. Just go ahead and write out a will and leave it on the couch for my family and friends to find when they come to clean out my stuff after the plane is hijacked by terrorists. B. All the bad stuff that can happen to me this week has already happened, so it's clear sailing the rest of the week.

I'm gonna try and go with B.....but, just in case...to Joe, my brother, I leave my music...to David, my best friend, I leave all my Carolina paraphernalia, and all those...mmm...toys...in the bedroom closet belong to someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment