Thursday, February 18, 2010

Laugh It Up!

How often do you laugh each day?

Some well-known research says that the average child laughs 400 times a day, while the average adult laughs only 15 times.

Whether that’s true or not, I’d say that most of us are laugh-deprived.

There’s a comedy festival going on in Chapel Hill this week. Each night at two separate venues there are a variety of standup comedians, improv groups and funny stuff going on. Admission is only $10 so even if it’s bad comedy it’s a deal.

I keep joke books handy. When I run into a tough stretch of life or a bad day I’ll grab one of those books and read jokes until I laugh out loud.

I’ll record comedians on TV and watch their acts. I often go to YouTube.com to catch segments of acts from great comedians.

The best source of clean humor is Reader’s Digest.

Friends who make you laugh should be treasured.

Find reasons to laugh.

Remember, the celebrity lawyer from the ‘70s, F. Lee Bailey, once said, “Laughing juries don’t convict.”

No comments:

Post a Comment