Friday, March 19, 2010

Less Obfuscation!

I love language, words, information and the pursuit of knowledge.

Sometimes, though, it seems that someone, somewhere made up some rules or…mmmm…stuff, just to make life more difficult.

For instance, the comedian Doug Larson once said, “If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have something to with a shortage of flowers.”

I love that!

My point today is that it’s often easy to get slowed up by nitpicking the little things or worrying about those molehills when we should be focused on the big picture. Lawyers are the best; the language they often use seems designed to confuse and obfuscate (actually, obfuscate means “to confuse,” and I’ve always wanted to use it…so…TODAY’S THE DAY!!).

I’ve started trying to keep my eye on the big picture and not worry about those ankle-biting, silly, not-that-important things that distract us.

I’ve decided to cut down on the obfuscation.

What little things slow you down and create confusion?

Might be time to cut some of that stuff out.

Have a big weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment