Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rockin' the New

Recently, I discovered some new music.

Well, it’s not really new, but it’s new to me.

The band is Nickelback. If you know anything about their music you know that the lyrics are not appropriate for anyone under the age of …mmm….35.

I have to say that a lot of their songs have a hit-your-stomach-and-kick-you-in-the-pants beat. They’re kicka** rock and roll, no doubt about it.

And seriously, if you are offended by sex, drugs and rock and roll you probably won’t like their music.

However, the energy they kick out is undeniable. I’ve had one of their CDs in my car for about two weeks and have played some of their songs probably 20 times or more. Every time I play them I smile and get energized.

Very often change does not come in a clean, easy-to-deal-with package. Change can be (and often is) messy, hurtful, surprising, difficult and hard. And your change may not be appropriate for someone else.

But, if you can work your way through the hard stuff you may be able to come out with the good stuff.

I don’t recommend Nickelback for everyone, and I won't be giving up my beach music to listen only to headbanging rock and roll. But, just like I don’t recommend my way of changing and dealing with change for everyone I believe that if you are willing to be open to change you’ll find a broader and more colorful world.

Try something new today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike its Beth Abrams. Nickelback rocks! Glad you found your way to them. :)

    ReplyDelete