Friday, April 2, 2010

Any Friday is a Good Friday

I know that I should have listened better in Sunday School, but I wondered about today, Good Friday.

Here’s what Wikipedia says: Good Friday, also known as Holy Friday, Black Friday, Great Friday, is a holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death as believed by Christians at Calvary.

Some would say that any Friday is a Good Friday. I run into that a lot with folks in seminars. When people describe their jobs, so many…too many…describe them like they are going to work in a salt mine.

A young woman I know frequently offers comments on FaceBook like, “Only 5 hours to go until the end of the day.” My thought is that if she spent more time focusing on her job and less time on FaceBook her day would go by faster.

But, that’s just me.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter Weekend and whatever your social, religious, or personal traditions are….I hope you find some eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment