Thursday, April 15, 2010

Float On

This is turning into a birthday WEEK!

Maybe it’s just that I keep finding reasons to goof off and be lazy.

Or, it could be that I’m simply going with the flow, and the flow is going off into some fun areas.

Yesterday I used one of my birthday presents (a Barnes and Noble gift card) to shop around and buy a couple of books. One that caught my eye was “The Meaning of Life” published by Esquire Magazine. I found that it was a collection of the monthly feature, What I’ve Learned, in which a celebrity talks about what they’ve learned in life.

The Clint Eastwood feature started with his quote that you’re always in the river and that the best way to deal with it is to start paddling. He said that if you paddle hard enough and long enough, after awhile you get to just float.

Maybe that’s what I’m doing today.

Floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment