Monday, April 26, 2010

Nothing for Something

Hello, Monday!

Here’s the question of the day: What are you willing to do for nothing?

I’m willing to bet you’ll say things like, “Love my family” or…mmmm…ok, there’s….mmmmm…well, I can’t think of a lot of things after that.

Maybe you came up with a bunch of things. But, look back at each one and ask, “What do I want to get out of this?” What’s the transaction? I do that and I get this.

There are two other things that I’d do for nothing: Go to the gym and lift weights, and present seminars. Both are so much fun (Ok, I guess I get that out of them) that’d do them and not expect much reward.

Because I have that attitude I can have fun, be creative, and try new things without worrying about messing up too much.

When you find things you can do for the pure joy of them you can give all of yourself. And, that is when you start understanding who you really are.

What would you do for nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment