Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ya Gotta Pay If Ya Gonna Play

I just checked to see if I had won the $125 million payout for Powerball.

While I didn't win I did see some of the same numbers on my page that were in the sequence of winning numbers. Sometimes I've wondered if they even used the same numbering system when they pick winners.

I have friends who see the habit of buying lottery tickets as a waste of money. I don't. And here's why: Someone has to win. Sooner or later someone's number will be picked...and why shouldn't it be me.

Hockey great Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."

So, I buy a ticket a couple of times a month. As one of my Northern friends would say, "Ya nevah know."

Look around in your life and ask yourself, "What could I take a small chance on that, if it won, would make a big difference in my life?"

It could be buying a lottery ticket, or it could be taking a moment to speak to a stranger.

Ya pays ya money ya takes ya chances.

Go for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is the way I feel about talking to strangers and attending events. I think if you put forth the effort, you will learn something from anyone/anything. It all influences your path in life.

    ReplyDelete