Friday, May 21, 2010

And...What Can I Get You?

Today is National Waiters and Waitresses Day.

Working in the food service industry is a tough way to make a living. I did it in college and loved it but I can’t imagine what trying to make a full-time living waiting tables would be like…especially in tough economic times.

If you are out today and are served and receive bad service, in any setting, food or otherwise, say something. Don’t just let it pass. Call a manager and say, “Let me tell you what happened.” Even if it doesn’t prompt a change in the individual the complaint will make you feel more in control of your life.

However (and I believe that this is more important), if you receive good service DEFINITELY tell the person who gave you the service that you appreciated what they did. And if it’s a food service situation, tip a little extra. Make a point of catching people doing things right.

AND DON’T ADD SOMETHING THEY COULD HAVE OR SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER TO THE END OF THE COMPLIMENT! That response dilutes the accolade.

You did a great job of coming to read the blog this morning. See, don't you feel better already? I know I do.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment