Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whack-a-Mole

I’m working on a project and it seems that every time I get a handle on it something else pops up.

I’m starting to look at it like playing the game, Whack-a-Mole. If you remember, it’s a game in which you hold a padded mallet and when the little mole pops out of his hole you whack it!

At this point I don’t know if the things I have to do are the moles…or if I am.

Whenever you have a project that really matters to you it often seems that obstacles pop up that keep impeding your progress. The ones I hate are the ones that jump up just as the project comes to fruition and make you think, “THIS ain’t gettin’ done ‘cause of THAT!”

And most of the time you can’t plan for those kinds of moles…they just pop up.

The best solution in addition to thinking through the potential problems before they occur is to step back and collect your thoughts when you encounter an obstacle. You may not have to do anything.

What moles have popped up for you today?

1 comment: