Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gooooaaaaallllll!

I’m an American football guy so soccer doesn’t really appeal to me except when they are taking shots.

However, the pageantry and scope of the World Cup is not lost on me. Soccer is the most popular team sport in the world and watching the many teams and fans from 36 countries play in South Africa is pretty close to amazing.

I believe that soccer is so popular for two reasons: all you need to play is one ball, and it encourages team play. Simplicity and cooperation.

Look at a problem in your life and ask yourself if you might be making the solution too difficult and you aren’t asking for help.

You could be closer to a Gooooaaaalllll! than you think.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I couldn't have said it better myself. Being a "football" fan, by definition of every other country in the world but the US, the World Cup is a one in every four year opportunity to scream at the TV and understand what every other sports fanatic goes through on a regular basis.

    And I agree 100% with why it's so popular. It's available to everyone in the world. It's also somewhat subjective and therefore incorporate emotion and passion in a way that black and white sports can't!

    It's a beautiful sport... and when in US history did Americans decide to call it Soccer and start their own sport, I don't know, but it was stupid! It separates us in a arrogant way... and "football" is all about unity... and cooperation!

    ReplyDelete