Friday, June 18, 2010

The Vacation Hustle

Am going on vacation today for a little over a week. The vacation is bracketed at the beginning and end with speaking engagements but in the middle will be some days of fun. I’ll keep the blog going (hopefully), but it might not show up early every day.

I’ve gotten so much done in the last 48 hours you’d think I was 2 people!

I’m usually pretty efficient but during the last two days my lists have gotten longer, my thinking and work more focused, and my decision-making faster.

What if I worked like this all the time? Granted, the pace would be tough to maintain over the long haul and I’ve always done better as a spurt worker, but Wow! it would be interesting to see what I could accomplish in 30 days or 6 months.

Try this exercise: For the rest of today, pretend you’re going on vacation for the next week. Hey, it’s Friday anyway and the weekend is coming up so this is a great day to experiment.

Pretend you’re going on a short vacation and see how much you get done until quitting time.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment