Friday, August 6, 2010

Brush Your Troubles Away

I have a new toothbrush. It’s made by Oral B and it has a big, blue and white handle and there’s about three kinds of bristles; some regular, some regular but thick and some are rubber.

It looks like the perfect toothbrush for a 5-year old. And I love it.

I bought it because it caught my eye, was funny looking, and a new idea for a toothbrush. At least it was new to me, I’d never seen one with rubber bristles.

Now, here’s the best part. It’s the best damn toothbrush I’ve ever owned. It feels great, does a great job and I like using it. That’s the hat trick of toothbrushing as far as I’m concerned.

I’m 58 and I doubt you’d put me and this toothbrush together. In fact, I’d wager that I’m one of the only 58-year old brushers with this brush that Oral B has.

Sometimes you have to try something that seems to be far afield from…you. You’ll be disappointed at times that whatever the thing is didn’t work, but simply trying something new makes you smarter and less set in your ways.

And other times, like this one for me, you’ll score big. You’ll find that extraordinary thing that makes your life better; that makes you smile.

Like my toothbrush.

Go buy a new toothbrush (no kidding, don’t wait to go to the dentist to get the free one, El Cheapo)…and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment