Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall of Life

I saw myself today in some other people recently and it wasn’t pretty.

One was in a seminar I gave yesterday afternoon and the other was in the audience of a keynote I presented last night. It really doesn’t matter what they did, but their actions were less than stellar.

When I later thought about their actions I realized, “I’ve done those sorts of things.”

I don’t do them now, but that didn’t keep me from being embarrassed.

In situations like this I believe that you have to cut yourself some slack, make a vow to learn from your mistakes, and move on. It’s the only way to grow and mature.

Take stock: What behaviors do you see in others that you know you’ve exhibited…and that you don’t want to do again? Have you learned your lesson, or is life going to have to present it to you again?

No comments:

Post a Comment