Friday, September 17, 2010

Step Up and Take the Hit

I’ve always preached that the best way to deal with procrastination is to put a reward on the other side of the thing you’re putting off and the desire for the reward will pull you through the task.

I still believe that that method works. But, there are some things we put off that are so onerous that there may not be a reward readily available that is big enough to balance the task.

There’s something I have to do that I’ve been putting off and I can’t think of a balancing reward. I’ve tried. Nothing I can think of is helping. And the very grown-up attitude that my life will be better, or I’ll be a better person, sounds pretty hollow.

This morning I came to the realization that I’ve just got to Cowboy Up and do it and keep moving.

Sometimes you simply have to do your duty, or take your whipping, or swallow the medicine.

That’s not a happy thought to end the week and start the weekend with, but there it is.

What have you been putting off that you can’t find a balancing reward for? What is it that you simply need to step up, get it done, and move on?

Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment