Monday, October 4, 2010

Hi Ho Silver! Awaaaaaay!

Had the chance to ride a horse yesterday for the first time in over 20 years.

For those of you who ride on a regular basis, or have in the past, my hat’s off to you. I enjoyed the experience, but getting up on one of those big animals and getting it to do what you want it to do is an exhilarating, sometimes scary, experience.

My friend who owns the horses (and I guess you do own a horse like you can own a dog and unlike the fact that you never own a cat, they just decide if they want to be around you) had been asking me to come and ride for quite a while and I finally said, “yes.”

The experience was a bit out of my comfort zone and that was one of the major reasons I agreed. I’ve been in a rut for awhile and it’s time to try some new things.

When was the last time you tried something new? Not just a new version of the old, but something very different? And it doesn’t have to be a big new. It can be a little new. Any new and different is, well, new and different, and that’s a good thing.

I know that I probably don’t want to ride every day, maybe not every week, but am I going back? Yes. And will I do better next time? Yes.

That’s the only way to live life.

Will you try something new this week or will you keep “the same ole, same ole?”

No comments:

Post a Comment