Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Old Me, Meet the New Me

Recently, two young men just strolled into the Kenan Football Complex at Kenan Stadium at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and stole a football helmet and some other football-related items.

Security has them on video but you can’t see their faces. The University and local police have released the videos to the media and have asked for the public’s help in identifying the culprits. One of the police said, “Somebody may actually know these people. A high-end football helmet would typically stand out a bit on somebody’s mantel.”

The last line is what scares me a bit. I have a decorative Carolina football helmet on top of a bookshelf and it’s easily visible when people walk by my place.

My friends who really know me could rightly question whether or not it was the stolen helmet and if I was one of the guys in the video. It could have been if this had happened 40, 30….even 20 years ago. But now, no.

Sooner or later most of us do learn our lessons. And, as the philosophers instruct, life keeps providing the lessons until we finally learn them.

What lesson do you need to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment