Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Six Weeks of Excess

Stereotypically, today begins six weeks of excess. Lots of folks use today as the first day of the Thanksgiving Holiday and continue celebrating until the week of New Year’s.

Six weeks of blowing it out seems a little much to our waistlines, wallets, patience and stress levels.

The best way to move through a time that, for some, may be difficult, is to remember what you have to be thankful for.

In previous blogs I’ve mentioned the University of Miami study that led to the practice called, “The Three Blessings.” Researchers discovered that people who, at the end of the day, wrote down 3-5 things they were grateful for in their lives, tended to have fewer depressive episodes, lower blood pressure and a more positive outlook on life.

What are you thankful for?

Whoever you are, if you are reading this, I’m thankful for you. I certainly enjoy creating these messages and I appreciate the fact that you take time from your day to accept them. I only hope that they contribute in some small way to you having a better workday.

Have a great Thanksgiving! Be careful. And I’ll see you next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment