Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Screwed Up

The basic question of yesterday’s blog was, “What did you learn?”

This morning I received a difficult and expensive lesson.

I messed up. And it was a pretty big mess-up that put some folks I like a lot into a tough, embarrassing situation. It would not have been so bad if the mistake had been one of commission…if I had failed forward. But, it wasn’t. It was a silly omission on my part; something that could easily have been prevented.

All I can do is say that I’m sorry and try to do something to make it up to them.

But, screwing up like this isn’t fun, smart or professional, three descriptions that I hope relate to me most of the time.

It’s easy to say, “We all make mistakes,” and let it go.

The key, I believe, is that you don’t let it go. You remember it, and don’t do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment