Thursday, January 27, 2011

Answers>?

One of the keys to success is knowing that you don’t know…and then knowing where to find the answer.

In the early 1900s, Henry Ford was hauled into court for a lawsuit. During the proceeds Ford was questioned by an attorney and asked a variety of questions about national and world affairs. The purpose of the questioning was to show that Ford was uninformed, ignorant of what was going on in the world around him.

Ford suffered the questioning for awhile and then said, “Young man, I do not need to know the answers to your questions. On my desk I have a button and if I push that button a wide variety of experts are at my command to answer any question I put to them. So, why should I waste my time cluttering up my mind with things I do not need to know.”

Knowing is important. But, when you don’t know, knowing where to find the answers is doubly important.

What don’t you know that you wish you did? And where will you find the answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment