Thursday, January 20, 2011

Are You On My T.E.A.M.?

At one time or another almost everyone has encountered the acronym, T.E.A.M.

You’ve probably understood it to mean, “Together Everyone Achieves More.”

I always liked that cliché. It always makes me think I’m going to hear the fight song of life playing in the background.

There’s another meaning for the T.E.A.M. acronym that may seem more fitting in today’s workplace… “Today Everyone Acknowledges Me!”

Lots of folks think that’s a bad thing, but I’m not one of them.

If I have a good employee or volunteer and they need a little extra praise or stroking, I’m going to be right there praisin’ and strokin’ away.

That silliness about treating everyone the same is just that, silly. Treat people they way they need to be treated in order to get the results you need.

Now, don’t take this so literally as to mean that you have to disrupt the cohesiveness of the team just to give someone a little extra due.

But, if a little extra due keeps’em happy it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Remember The Platinum Rule: Do Unto Others the Way They Would Have It Be Done To Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment