Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nana...Everyone Knows That!

When I think of all the possibilities that new technologies offer I’m staggered.

Something as seemingly simple as what a cellphone can do today is amazing and programs such as Wordpress can turn almost anyone into a website wizard.

However, who has the time to learn this stuff? It’s like when I watch my young friends play combat video games or Madden Football and I realize that they’ve spent hours on a couch somewhere learning how to make it look so easy.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the hours for that.

Here’s the challenge: You have to find time to learn. It’s that simple. It probably won’t take hours for you to learn something simple you can do on our cellphone that will help you work, play, get more fit, or explore a topic that interests you.

I keep telling seminar attendees, “Get your children or grandchildren to teach you one new thing on your cellphone each week.” And if you don’t have children or grandchildren, find a young person and ask a question.

Ten minutes. What can you learn about new technology in ten minutes?

PS…and when a young person teaches you something don’t say, “I hate these things.” It makes you sound old and stupid….not an attractive combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment