Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big Little Stuff

Back in 1997, the late Richard Carlson wrote, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff…and It’s All Small Stuff.

The small book of practical philosophy was a runaway bestseller and led to a number of other books along the same line.

Carlson’s point was that in the long run all that crap we worry about is truly small stuff compared to living and enjoying life.

I’m no different from you. I let a lot of the small stuff get to me and slow me down.

However, on a regular basis I try to do a self-examination and see what silliness I’ve let get under my skin and irritate me to the point that it is affecting how I live life.

Right now I have a couple of things I’m working on and I’m sure that as soon as I jettison these stones in my shoe I’ll speed up.

What small stuff is creating a big hassle for you? What do you have to do to sweep it out the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment