Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It Ain't as Cute as Dumbo

I’m trying to eat an elephant. It’s one of those big, mean, wild elephants that you see on the Discovery Channel. It ain’t Disney's Dumbo the Flying Elephant. It’s the kind that’ll chase you down and stomp you just for trying to take it’s picture!

And, I’m not doing a very good job of it because I’ve been trying to swallow it whole.

I’m sure you have an elephant in your life, too. You know, that big project you really need to get handled so you can get on with life and move to the next level?

So, I’m changing my strategy. Everyone knows the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

I know, I know, I should be smarter, but sometimes I’m….just…not.

If you keep taking bites on a regular basis, sooner or later the elephant gets small enough that you can finish it off and celebrate.

One bite at a time.

What elephant could you take a bite out of right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment