Friday, April 8, 2011

Are You Serving the Music?

Like most of you I love music. I’m sure I go a little overboard by having SiriusXM satellite radio in the car and on my computer, and I have all the music channels on cable television. So, I’m surrounded by music most of the time.

This morning I saw a musician’s quote on the television while one of the songs was playing. It said, “If you keep doing the same thing over and over you really don’t serve the music.”

Serve the music. I love that line.

Writer and philosopher Max Depree says, “We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.”

Put’em together and get…remaining what we are doesn’t serve the music.

We all have music inside us; whatever that thing is we bring to the life party that adds to everyone else’s music.

And we can’t bring it by doing the same thing over and over.

Unfortunately, I’m definitely a member of the, “Change isn’t as easy as I wish it would be” club.

But, if playing your music matters to you, you have no other choice but to step up.

That’s what serves the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment