Thursday, April 28, 2011

If You're Not Having Fun, Why Do It?!

On Tuesday I had the chance to talk with Dale McInnis, president of Richmond Community College.

He’s a new president and I asked him if he was having any fun.

“Absolutely!,” he said, “If you’re not having fun, why do it?!”

You have to love that positive attitude.

I certainly understand financial realities.In the society in which we live there are bills to pay if you want a lifestyle that is reasonably comfortable and enjoyable.

But, spending every day slogging through work like it’s mud is no way to go through life. And, yes, I’ll agree that tens of thousands of people go to work like that every day.

Here’s the deal, though. The average person spends 11,000+ days at work. For the “I Hate Work ‘Cause It’s Work” folks, what does their life look like when they look back on it?

I’ll tell you the secret (and lots of you won’t like it) to finding fun work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. one more reason I can't wait for Friday (tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete