Monday, June 6, 2011

I Know It's Around Here Somewhere!

I’ve moved during the last 10 days. Not far, from Chapel Hill to just outside of Raleigh.

But, if you’ve ever moved you know how much time you spend asking, “Now, where did I put the _____?”

While it’s annoying to some degree, believe it or not the questioning and searching make you smarter. No kiddin’!

The effort creates new neural pathways in your brain and that’s a good thing. The more pathways you have the better your brain works and, especially as we age, that really is a good thing.

So the small frustrations are actually investments in staying more cognitively alert and functioning.

Now, where did I put the stapler?

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure the neural pathways are worth it? I can count on losing something each time I move.

    ReplyDelete