Thursday, June 23, 2011

Who's Got Time to Read the Damn Instructions?!

Yesterday afternoon I bought a big grill.

It’s great to be able to cook outside again!

However, I could NOT figure out how to light it and I’d started to get pretty cranked up about the frustration of the whole process.

Luckily, a friend stopped by about the time I started to just turn on the propane tank and stick a match in front of it to end my misery.

He looked at me, looked at the grill, and asked, “Did you read the instructions?”

Well, not just NO! But, Hell NO!

I don’t need to read the instructions! I’ve bought and used a grill before!

Don’t you think that I……oh….it works like that? Hmmmm….the other grill I had didn’t work like that….and the instructions are printed right there on the front of the grill, are they?

Hmmm. Well….Ok….thank you.

What thing/issue/activity/belief do you just KNOW you can handle, but it isn’t going right…and if you slowed down and read the instructions, it might turn out better?

No comments:

Post a Comment