Friday, July 22, 2011

Nature Boy Strikes Again

I love mowing grass and will mow big swatches in a skinny minute if given the chance.

On the other hand, I’ve never been a big planter, gardener, let’s-get-outside-and-dig-something-up kind of person.

However, I’m amazed at my flowers.

Planted a bunch of vincas a few weeks ago. Got’em from Home Depot in a tray of 18 little pots and I’ve been pretty good about watering them every day.

The thing that amazes me is that during these hot-as-hell days they’ve seemed to grow bigger even though I’ve missed a couple of days of watering due to being out of town.

Yeah, yeah, I’ve gotcha covered on the idea that I’m giving them too much water.

But, I keep thinking that with the heat they are, in fact, growing in the face of adversity.

That’s nature’s way. As long as stress isn’t fatal life gets stronger with adversity.

Even in tuff times we are growing.

What adversity are you facing now? What are you learning? How are you growing?

Have a great weekend.

OK, OK! I’ll ease up on the watering and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. You are in the South. You have to water.

    ReplyDelete