Friday, August 5, 2011

The Best $7 I Ever Spent

Last May I found an hour-glass at TJ Maxx for $7. It was the best $7 I’ve ever spent.

Well, it isn’t really an hour-glass, it’s a half-hour-glass.

Anyway, it’s on my kitchen counter and every time I walk by I flip it over. I’ll stand and watch a few of the grains of sand fall to the bottom and move on.

I did that for a few weeks before the import of what I was seeing hit me. Those grains of sand falling steadily to the bottom represented seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years of my life.

I know, I know, that’s what an hour-glass is supposed to do but I’m not that bright so it took awhile for the thought to hit me.

Not long ago I walked past the hour-glass just as the last few grains at the top flowed through the little opening and fell onto the rest of the sand.

The sight stopped me like I had stumped my toe on the wall.

That’s it, time’s up.

The thought hit me that I’d better get to work on some of the things I really want to do in life, ‘cause you don’t know when the last grains might fall.

AND ON THAT HAPPY NOTE!! Have a great weekend. See you Monday.

Stay cool and stay hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment