Monday, August 1, 2011

Magical Technology Headaches

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” Writer, futurist Arthur C. Clarke

You’ve seen this quote before and I keep coming back to it every time it occurs to me how much life has changed due to technology.

Last night I watched The Source Code, a new action movie about a science experiment that allows people to manipulate time. In a short scene in the movie the scientist/character who came up with the source code idea explains it.

For all I understood he might as well have said, “Blah, blah, blah, brain, blah, blah, time, blah, blah.”

I’ve been stumbling around sending emails from my iPhone and with gmail.com because my Outlook program decided it didn’t want to show “Send” on my email format and I can’t figure out how to get it back.

Technology…watcha gonna do?!

Increasingly, we are at the mercy of the geeks we teased in homeroom.

If technology is wearing you out say, “Amen.”

If you’re comfortable with all of it, God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment