Thursday, October 13, 2011

How About Now?

Have you ever had one of those moments when life, God, inspiration, conspiracy theorists, Big Bird or whoever you think really runs things was sending you a message?

I got one this morning.

An article in the paper screamed at me….READ THIS AND PAY ATTENTION TO IT!!!

It was a piece about the most famous rabbi in history, Rabbi Hillel. In the first century his teachings revolved around a few basic questions. The one that exploded out of the paper for me was, “If not now, when?”

In one way or another we’re all waitin’ on something; some question to be answered.

If not now, when?

If it really isn’t now and you can tell me when I get to decide if I want to wait until then or I can prepare for that time.

It’s the not knowing that saps our strength and conviction. It’s the confusion that dilutes our motivation. It’s the questioning that steals our courage.

What’s your question? And, if not now, when?

No comments:

Post a Comment